Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome to the White House.

"Change has come to America."- President Barack Obama.

While I do not and I will not share my personal political beliefs in my videos, I will have my blog.
I am a young girl who hasn't been on this earth for very long but history classes catch you up quick with what has happened. I was raised by a very strong willed mother because of that, I soon got into politics at an early age. I'd lost a lot of hope in our nations government after 9/11. I lived on a military base and the shock that everyone around you is involved in war, is not an easy one. You don't know if you'll ever see your neighbor, your parent, your brother/sister, your friends parents, ever again. With a time of war and a failing economy, I knew we needed change, as did many in this country. People who have worked hard their entire life for whatever they earned are losing everything now. I myself now live in a house in a nice suburb which housing market has crashed, our house is worth less than what we owe on it. At that point, I knew again we not only needed change, we needed hope. About a year an a half ago, I had heard about Barack Obama and his speeches intrigued me. I'd never seen someone of recent who could speak and inspire the way he does. I followed the election day in and day out, and smiled as Obama climbed his way to the top. As the votes came in last night, I cried. I cried because I knew that that same man who I had been looking up to, had finally won. I am not of voting age but the long lines that I saw were something that to me was shocking. No matter what candidate those people were voting for, because I do believe you need many different voices and opinions, they were looking for change too. I am proud to be an American.I am fifteen years old and I can't wait for the next four years and everything that follows.

Sarah
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment